About Tim Burt

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The Powerful Force of God Within You

Fresh Manna
by Pastor Tim Burt


In my first two years that I worked at church, the drive there took me about twenty minutes. I never minded the drive because I used the time to pray for many people and situations. After a few years, we moved within 6 minutes of the church. Of course I loved how that simplified our life but, one thing I actually missed was my driving and praying time.

I recently took a journey that was a three-hour drive. I loved the drive because it gave me time to pray for every person and situation that had been on my heart. It seemed like the more I prayed, the more people and things to pray for came to my heart. It was such a great time in the Lord.

When I first gave my life to Jesus at the age of 24, I categorized prayer as having the same power and effect as carrying a rabbit’s foot or breaking a wishbone. I thought prayer was pointless, meaningless and something that fools wasted their time on. Oh how Jesus changed my mind.

If you have ever read the story in Luke chapter 19 about Jesus chasing out the money changers, you might remember Him saying these words: "It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but you have made it a den of thieves." (Luke 19:46 NKJV)

At that time, Jesus was declaring that the Temple of God a house of prayer. Once Jesus died on the cross and arose from the dead initiating the New Testament (or covenant―His will to us,) something changed. The Apostle Paul later gave us insight that the temple of God is no longer a building of brick and mortar but rather, we as believers have become the temple of God. We see this in 1 Corinthians 6:19 NKJV,  "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own…" We are now God’s temple and remember that Jesus called His Temple a house of prayer. The New Covenant initiated by Jesus also launched the change from a building being the house of prayer, to you and I being God’s house of prayer. That revelation shook me at my core and opened my eyes to the power of prayer and the power and responsibility God has entrusted us with. We can change things when we will take time to pray in faith and according to God’s word.

You might think, Really Pastor Tim, is that the truth? We are God's house of prayer? Yes, and that is why it's important to learn God's will which He makes clear in the Bible and learn to pray accordingly. 1 John 5:14-15 (NKJV) says, "Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him." The body of Christ is so painfully ignorant when it comes to prayer, and that is why the church seems so weak in its influence. The church was meant to be the most powerful force through prayer, on earth!


As I spent that three hours driving, I was blessed with the time to shake Heaven and earth with the power of prayer. His will was prayed. His angels were loosed to do His bidding. And I know that God’s will is being done. That is what God has entrusted us with. I praise God for this privilege and I am sincere when I say, there is NOTHING that I can do or accomplish here on earth that can match what is done when I am yielded to Holy Spirit’s direction in prayer.

Please know that you were a part of my prayers today! I have prayed that the touch of Heaven―God’s love toward you, ministers to your heart today. I have prayed Hell off your back―that every attack of the wicked one against you be bound and stopped today! I thank God for you and the privilege to pray for you!

In His Love,
Pastor Tim Burt

If what you've read today has helped you, would you like to see it help others and reach more? Click here and Learn More... 


If you are having trouble viewing this post, click here.

If Fresh Manna is a blessing to you, let me know how. I’d love to hear from you!  Write me at FreshMannaFeedback@comcast.net






Published by Pastor Tim Burt
Copyright© 2016 All rights reserved

http://todaysfreshmanna.wordpress.com/
..