Monday, January 07, 2013

Get Rid of Self Imposed Limitations

Fresh Manna
By Pastor Tim Burt

I was in the lobby of our church yesterday chatting with people from the congregation prior to the start of our service. One of them told me that he had just lost his job this past week and asked if would stand with him in prayer for where God would lead him next in his livelihood. I told him absolutely and then suggested he contact a person I knew that might need his skills. I told him I'd contact him if I heard anything about any job openings. I then went into our sanctuary where our Praise & Worship was about to begin.

The music was beautiful and I was truly drawn into the presence of God. As I was worshipping the Lord, suddenly the gentleman I prayed for came to mind. I quickly asked the Lord to lead him to his new job and his families’ provision. I wanted to stay focused on worshipping the Lord but it seemed like my mind was suddenly preoccupied on figuring out where he could find a job and doing what.  I had thought of about three possibilities when suddenly the Lord spoke to me. He said, “You are trying to solve what belongs to me. Can you see how limited your thinking is? Stop your limited thinking and turn this over to me! There are no limitations for me and you could not figure out how I will be directing his life.”  
This was sobering to me. I am conscientious and often do want to help people with their situations – to the degree that I can.  But, I have learned over and over again the truth of what Isaiah said in
Isaiah 55:9 (NIV) "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

What we know and can figure out is so minuscule compared to what He knows. God more often than not, helps us with situations in a better way than we could have ever imagined – if we lean in faith on Him. That is the revelation to be had from Ephesians 3:20 (NIV), “ Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us…”
I’ve had a phrase I’ve said to my leadership teams over the years; “We’ve got a plan but God has got a better plan.”  Although we will think things through the best we can, we will look to Him as the one who has no limitations and knows better. We simply have to be faithful to God’s instruction in Philippians 4:6. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
After God had spoken to me, I repented immediately and turned this situation over to Him. I was able to instantly return back to my intimate place of worship.
Following the service, I found my friend – the gentleman who had lost his job. I told him my experience with the Lord and that I wanted to pray again for him in greater faith and expectation for God to lead him into his place of provision and work.  God already knows what that is and will lead him in it as he diligently seeks the Lord and pursues it!
No matter what your need is, lean on the Lord for His help. He is your Heavenly Father. He loves you. He wants you to give the care of your situations over to Him so that He can do exceedingly abundantly beyond what you could ask or think. Your part is to believe in faith that He will lead and help you! He has others He is speaking to that will contribute to the answer to your prayers! 
Psalms 54:4 (NKJV)  “ Behold, God is my helper; The Lord is with those who uphold my life.”
In His Love,
Pastor Tim Burt

Published by Pastor Tim Burt
Copyright© 2013 All rights reserved
http://readfreshmanna.blogspot.com/